Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Re: Considering Donald Trumping

I had an extension for google chrome that added a ridiculous Donald Trump quote in between his first and last name that I had to turn off to attempt replying to this argument.

While It's nice to keep some sort of optimistic attitude towards Trump due to the possibility he will become president I just don't think for me it can be done. Him being an upper class white man who grew up with a great deal of wealth that was literally handed to him, I just don't see much good coming out of his economic decisions. Business sense can only go so long in a position where you must have good business sense as well as common sense and people skills. I cannot imagine Trump being involved with creating any sort of treaty or talking to other national diplomates.

I just can't get over how funny it will be to the entirety of the planet that we allowed a modern day celebrity to turn around and rule out country.

Now, for the economic reasoning argument, I still think it falls flat. There's simply no way to execute multiple plans of his without taxing the country. Taxes are not something you can avoid. If he isn't planning on raising taxes I just don't see how he can build that wall he's been talking about for example. I watched an interview with him on the news the other day where he even admitted he didn't think he could cut taxes as he originally promised. Maybe that's a sign he's waking up to the reality he may have to handle our country. But, I'm still terrified and I can't become content with the idea of him being our president.

No comments:

Post a Comment